Hello CCSD Community
Everyone has been impacted in some way by the current Covid-19 pandemic. You are not alone in your struggles. Together we can move through this and come out on the other side stronger and more connected than ever. There will be many challenges and bumps (probably more like mountains) to get over. As a collective of conscious leaders and citizens of the world, we will persevere. We always have. We will again.
This is a special edition of our Conscious Content newsletter to share information and resources weekly with our community that supports navigating your organization, your wellbeing, and community needs through these challenging times.
There is a lot of information and resources out there. Updates and opportunities are coming forth daily. It can feel overwhelming. We will share a few pieces of up-to-date info each week for these different categories.
- Covid-19 Response Funds
- Answers to top-5 Covid nonprofit questions
- FEMA’s Public Assistance program for PNP
WORK FROM HOME (WFH):
- Best practices for WFH Webinar
- Funny discoveries from couples
- 32 free educational resources for kids
- OnwardCA or Hospitality Link for jobs
- San Diego specific jobs
- Operation Hope – financial counseling
- Benefits and support info for workers
- Free CC Press book downloads
- CDC cloth mask info and how-to (no sew)
- Lookout and protect self from scams
WAYS TO HELP:
- Direct Relief Fund – PPE to health workers
- Caring for someone with Covid-19 at home
- Give generously, receive more tax breaks
- Crisis Text Line (Text HOME to 741741)
- Suicide Prevention Line (1-800-273-8255)
- Domestic Abuse Line (1-800-799-7233)
- Substance Use and Mental Health
- AA Online Meeting Directory
For more resources and information, check out San Diego Business & Nonprofit Crisis Support Network site.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global crisis whose full impact is not yet known and it has already shifted our day-to-day lives and the way we do business. However, it is in crisis that the human spirit can be at its best in creativity, care, and resilience. People are stepping up to support those in need. Conscious businesses are working hard to try to mitigate impact and serve their stakeholders.
We want to focus on these heroic stories of the human spirit delivering its best through creativity, care and resilience.
We invite you to tell us your stories to inspire hope and share conscious practices with others!
Seth Godin and his Akimbo team are offering a free, 5-day, online program for Emerging Leaders.
“The Emerging Leaders Program is for college students who are looking to learn real skills. The ones that will set them apart when they apply for jobs and lead in the future of work.
As the world changes, we’re going to be looking for leaders. People who can see possibilities. If you want to lean into that possibility, connect with the others, and become a leader, this might be for you.”
Please pass this along to those who you think are up for this challenge.
How are countries doing in “flattening the curve?” Go to Our World in Data to interact more with this chart.
Share your thoughts