Hello CCSD Community
Everyone has been impacted in some way by the current Covid-19 pandemic. You are not alone in your struggles. Together we can move through this and come out on the other side stronger and more connected than ever. There will be many challenges and bumps (probably more like mountains) to get over. As a collective of conscious leaders and citizens of the world, we will persevere. We always have. We will again.
This is a special edition of our Conscious Content newsletter to share information and resources weekly with our community that supports navigating your organization, your wellbeing, and community needs through these challenging times.
There is a lot of information and resources out there. Updates and opportunities are coming forth daily. It can feel overwhelming. We will share a few pieces of up-to-date info each week for these different categories.
- PPP funding update
- Pandemic Unemployment – biz owners, self-employed, independent contractors, 4/28 start
- A way forward for small business
- Covid-19 Response Funds
- Nonprofit fundraising in the age of Coronavirus
- How to plan for Giving Tuesday, 5/5
WORK/TEACH FROM HOME:
- How to hold meetings that connect people
- WFH with kids all too relatable posts
- Celebrate Library Week + DPLA
- Join in on Earth Day 2020, 4/22 (today)
- Let’s Talk, health videos/support – for youth
- An experiment in gratitude
WAYS TO HELP:
- Support meals for at-risk seniors in SD
- Brave of Heart Fund – for families of healthcare workers who have passed away.
- Recovered from COVID-19, what you can do
- Crisis Text Line (Text HOME to 741741)
- Frontline Workers (Text Frontline to 741741)
- Suicide Prevention Line (1-800-273-8255)
- Domestic Abuse Line (1-800-799-7233)
- Substance Use and Mental Health
- AA Online Meeting Directory
For more resources and information, check out San Diego Business & Nonprofit Crisis Support Network site.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global crisis whose full impact is not yet known and it has already shifted our day-to-day lives and the way we do business. However, it is in crisis that the human spirit can be at its best in creativity, care, and resilience. People are stepping up to support those in need. Conscious businesses are working hard to try to mitigate impact and serve their stakeholders.
We want to focus on these heroic stories of the human spirit delivering its best through creativity, care and resilience.
We invite you to tell us your stories to inspire hope and share conscious practices with others!
Operation Hope provides financial well-being coaching for employees through its Hope Inside the Workplace initiative. Over the past month they have added counseling services to help individuals financially manage the implications of Covid-19 and hardships they might be enduring.
Operation Hope will be providing $250,000 worth of employee counseling services to companies in the Conscious Capitalism network over the next 90 days!
If interested in providing these services for your team, fill out this short FORM.
A little something to take in on this Earth Day. Significant drops in air pollution have been measured across the globe since the start of the pandemic.
But officials caution that any environmental benefit is likely to be temporary. They expect pollution levels to go back up once isolation orders are lifted.
Share your thoughts